EXCEL Boys Program
EXCEL Volleyball offers one of the largest competitive boys program in the state for boys ages 10 - 18. Last year, EXCEL fielded 6 teams. 2019 was a hallmark season for Boys Volleyball at EXCEL and in North Texas. With all three EXCEL high school teams qualifying for nationals, the club stays focused on providing a high level of training and experience to its players and families headed into its third season in 2020.
- Hailey Erickson
- Alex Gutor, Jr
- Sherri Hausner
- Alex Lepp
- Jim Stewart
- Will Wiggins
- Sydney Yogi
Boys Information Meeting
Tryout Dates (2 days)
Whether your son wants to join a national team or explore local options, EXCEL is the club for you! With over 70 members last season, EXCEL intends to grow an additional age group for the 2019-2020 club season. EXCEL has created a stellar program to take our North Texas boys to the next level! Whether you are new to club or already know the drill, EXCEL is worth checking out. Bring your friends and join EXCEL Coaches for Open Gyms in August at Courtside Sports Center. Attend an Evaluation Clinic in September to be consider for an EXCEL team.
Rookie Training Program
EXCEL is pleased to announce our new “Rookie” youth training program. Whether your athlete is new to the game or a seasoned recreational player, we have a program that will fit your needs. Athletes will learn core fundamentals needed to be successful. This fall we are offering three levels of training including Rookie Minors, Majors and Middle School. Details regarding each level is listed below. Our Rookie Rising Starts program will be offered in the spring.
ROOKIE RISING STARS (Level I)
- Ages 7-10 years
- Volleyball FUNdamentals
- Fun, structured introduction to the sport of volleyball
- Appropriate for girls and boys that are athletic but new to the sport of the volleyball
- Kids are introduced to the sport learning proper technique from day 1
- 5 weeks, 75 minutes per session
- Cost: $100
- Program is offered in the late spring and summer.
ROOKIE MINORS (Level II)
- Ages 8-11 years old
- Geared towards kids that are interested in the sport of volleyball
- May have played on a recreational team(s)
- Looking for correct technique, want to grow in the sport and learn more about the game
- Participants earn badges for mastering level 1 fundamentals
- When all level 1 skills are mastered, athletes move up to the Majors.
- 6 weeks, 75 minutes per session
- Cost: $120
- Spring Session: Thursday's, 5:00PM-6:15PM, February 6th, 13th 20th, 27th, 5th, 19th (no session on March 12th due to Spring Break)
ROOKIE MAJORS (Level III)
- Ages from 10-12 years old
- Athletes have some volleyball experience that have mastered level 1 skills
- Appropriate for athletes that have played recreational volleyball but want more competitive play
- Athletes in the Majors program aspire to play club volleyball in the future
- USAV coaches will focus on proper form for fundamental skills
- Participants will earn badges for mastering level 2 fundamentals
- When all level 2 skills are mastered, athletes move up to a club team.
- 6 weeks, 75minutes per session
- Cost: $120
- Spring Session: Thursday's, 6:15PM-7:30PM, February 6th, 13th 20th, 27th, 5th, 19th (no session on March 12th due to Spring Break)
ROOKIE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Level IV)
- Ages from 12-14 years old
- Athletes school volleyball experience but are not playing club volleyball
- Appropriate for athletes that have played school volleyball that want to continue to improve their skills
- USAV coaches will focus on proper form for passing, hitting, attacking and serving
- 6 weeks, 90 minutes per session
- Cost: $135 (6 weeks) or $25 per clinic (option to register per day)
- Fall II Session: Friday's 5:00-6:30PM (Nov 8th, 15th, 22nd, Dec 6th, 13th, 20th)
- Program is offered in the late spring, summer and fall.
Boys Team Selection
Is your athlete interesting in playing club volleyball? Attend our Boys Evaluation Clinics to be considered for a team for the 2019-2020 season.
Day 1: Sunday, September 15th
Time: 12:00-2:00PM (14 & under), 3:00-5:00PM (15s-18s)
Day 2: Monday, September 16th
Loc: Courtside Sports Center (4717 Plano Parkway, Suite 110, Carrollton, TX
- Pre-register your athlete
- Bring a smart device with email access (the gym has wifi access if needed)
- Bring a method of payment for the down payment
- Use your smart device to accept offers
Boys Information Meeting
Date: Saturday, September 7th
Loc: Courtside Sports Center (4717 Plano Parkway, Suite 110, Carrollton, TX)
The purpose of the Information Meeting is to share details regarding our teams, coaches, club fees and programs for the upcoming season. A complimentary Open Gym will be held immediately following the Information Meeting for athletes 11-18s.
Excel clinics and camps are held all summer long with opportunities for your athlete - daughter or son - to get in the gym and work on their game. EXCEL offers a variety of summer training options including Advanced Clinics, Skill Specific Camps, eFit Train and Play, Semi-private group lessons, Back to School Clinics/Camps and Beach.
Clinic and Camp Schedule (available in April)