-Fast Twitch Muscle
-First-Step Quickness and Agility
EXCEL is pleased to announce our new “Rookie” youth training program. Whether your athlete is new to the game or a seasoned recreational player, we have a program that will fit your needs. Athletes will learn core fundamentals needed to be successful. Attend the “Rookie Training Camp” to jump start your summer training.
ROOKIE RISING STARS (Level I)
- Ages 7-10 years
- Volleyball FUNdamentals
- Fun, structured introduction to the sport of volleyball
- Appropriate for girls and boys that are athletic but new to the sport of the volleyball
- Kids are introduced to the sport learning proper technique from day 1
- 4 weeks, 75 minutes per session
- Cost: $80
- Dates/Time: Tuesdays, June 4, 11, 18, 25 @ 4:45PM-6:00PM
ROOKIE MINORS (Level II)
- Ages 8-11 years old
- Geared towards kids that are interested in the sport of volleyball
- May have played on a recreational team(s)
- Looking for correct technique, want to grow in the sport and learn more about the game
- Participants earn badges for mastering level 1 fundamentals
- When all level 1 skills are mastered, athletes move up to the Majors.
- 6 weeks, 75 minutes per session
- Cost: $120
- Dates/Time: Tuesdays, June 4, 11, 18, 25, July 2, 9 @ 6:00PM-7:15PM
ROOKIE MAJORS (Level III)
- Ages from 10-12 years old
- Athletes have some volleyball experience that have mastered level 1 skills
- Appropriate for athletes that have played recreational volleyball but want more competitive play
- Athletes in the Majors program aspire to play club volleyball in the future
- USAV coaches will focus on proper form for fundamental skills
- Participants will earn badges for mastering level 2 fundamentals
- When all level 2 skills are mastered, athletes move up to a club team.
- 8 weeks, 90 minutes per session
- Cost: $140
- Dates/Time: Thursdays, May 30, June 6, 13, 20, 27, July 11, 18, 25 @ 5:00-6:30PM
ROOKIE TRAINING CAMP
The Rookie Training Camp is for athletes 7 to 12. Rookies will spend 3 days working on volleyball fundamentals including passing, setting, attacking and serving. Athletes will be grouped based on age and/or level of play. At the conclusion of the camp, participants will be given an assessment and action plan for next steps to continue to improve their skills and knowledge of the game.
Dates: May 29-31, 2019
EXCEL has teamed up with former AVP Player, Dale Davis, to provide a stellar beach volleyball program at the new Beachcomber facility in The Colony! The ever popular Beachcomber is just 3 minutes from Courtside. Experienced staff make the training fast paced, fun and productive. Two levels of training are offered to meet the needs of beginners to avid beach players.
Beach volleyball has become an official NCAA sport with more and more Universities starting programs and offering scholarships. Whether your passion is to play sand volleyball in college, compete in beach tournaments during the summer, improve your indoor game, or all of the above, the benefits of sand training are incredible. Acquiring the ability to skillfully pass, set and attack in the outdoor elements of sun and wind, dramatically increase athletes' overall volleyball game. Beach volleyball training can increase an athletes vertical and foot speed as well as give athletes practice competing under pressure. Beach volleyball creates players with extreme ball control, as well as effective and dynamic attackers.
The Excel Beach Program is for athletes that want to get the benefits of sand training while enjoying the outdoors. This program is open to beginners and advanced players that are interested in training and learning more about beach techniques from experienced beach coaches. Open to female and male players. Fees include one tournament and a custom beach tee.
Dates: Monday's (Session I: May 6th - June 17th)
Level: All Levels
Loc: The Beachcomber, 5812 Windhaven, The Colony (just 3 minutes from Courtside Sports Center)
The Senior volleyball season is something special but not simple. A quick gauntlet of competition that barely allows for enough time for an athlete to adapt from high school teammates to club, makes chemistry and competitiveness key components of every team. The 18s season can include quick highs and lows with tournaments coming at a fast and furious pace racing towards the end of April Nationals.