Ex·cel - [ik-sel] verb: To be superior in playing in some respect or area; to perform extremely well.
Welcome to our website! Excel Volleyball, LLC (Excel) offers competitive club volleyball for female and male athletes from 4th through 12th grade in the Plano, Frisco, McKinney, Allen, Fairview, Prosper, Richardson and surrounding Dallas metroplex. Excel was founded by Sherri Hausner and Trish Barenberg in 2006 and is based on Carrollton, TX.
EXCEL is dedicated to developing the whole athlete through exceptional training, conditioning, education, and college recruiting. We educate our players and parents on nutrition, the game of volleyball, sports psychology and college recruiting. EXCEL promotes the development of sportsmanship, teamwork and friendship in a community based environment. Our mission is to help athletes develop leadership skills and learn how to reach difficult goals through hard work, dedication and teamwork.
Our goal is to develop the whole athlete from mindset to technical skill set while instilling core values of integrity, discipline, honor, respect, and teamwork. Our intent is to provide a teaching environment that gives our members the opportunity to build life skills such as confidence, perseverance and cooperation. Our intent is to foster the development of skills that our members will needed to succeed on and off the court.
EXCEL strives to provide the best training for volleyball players in the North Texas Region. We train mindfully, focusing on technical training with repetitions in multiple skills/position resulting in a high volleyball IQ across our membership. We provide a competitive, positive and healthy training environment where athletes can aspire to meet EXCEL's high standards through hard work and discipline.
EXCEL offers national, regional and local teams for female and male athletes. EXCEL promotes the sport of volleyball and allow players to meet their individual and team goals. EXCEL understands the need to provide a safe, positive experience while players learn the importance of competition, sportsmanship, leadership and respect for teammates and their coaches.
EXCEL Volleyball provides an affordable, competitive, high quality juniors volleyball program in the North Texas Region. EXCEL is committed to--
- Hiring coaches who are experts in training players to better ensure a higher quality of play for athletes of all ages.
- EXCEL is dedicated to providing athletes with an environment free from threat, ensuring parents and their children are in safe and friendly environment.
- EXCEL is dedicated to providing athletes with the proper equipment and excellent facilities needed to ensure proper training.
- Providing its members with a responsive administration and an open door policy between its members and the club's operators.
- Providing the opportunity for all players to excel in the sport of volleyball.
- Instilling a strong work ethic, to help athletes become better team players and perform at their highest level on and off the court.
- Providing a top notch training facility for our athletes to develop and grow.
- Providing our athletes the opportunity to continue their involvement with the sport at the college level.
Location: Serving the Plano, Carrollton, Frisco, Prosper, Farmer's Branch, Coppell, Lewisville, Allen, McKinney, Fairview, Lucas, Richardson and Dallas Metroplex.
Practice Facility: Courtside Sports Center, 4717 Plano Parkway, Suite #110, Carrollton, TX 75010
Colors: Red, Navy & White
Commitment Level: Varies by team. Full commitment required for national teams.
Club Dues: $1300-5200
Practice: 3 to 6 hours per week plus positionals average of 2x month (Dec - Feb)
Club Season: September - May (Nationals June - early July)
Team Tryouts: July (females), September (males)
Uniforms: Provided by NIKE Volleyball
Coaching Directors: Alex Lepp (High School Teams), Romel Manio (Middle School Teams)