EXCEL is pleased to announce our new “Rookie” youth training program. Whether your athlete is new to the game or a seasoned recreational player, we have a program that will fit your needs. Athletes will learn core fundamentals needed to be successful. This fall we are offering three levels of training including Rookie Minors, Majors and Middle School. Details regarding each level is listed below. Our Rookie Rising Starts program will be offered in the spring.
ROOKIE RISING STARS (Level I)
- Ages 7-10 years
- Volleyball FUNdamentals
- Fun, structured introduction to the sport of volleyball
- Appropriate for girls and boys that are athletic but new to the sport of the volleyball
- Kids are introduced to the sport learning proper technique from day 1
- 5 weeks, 75 minutes per session
- Cost: $100
- Program is offered in the late spring and summer.
ROOKIE MINORS (Level II)
- Ages 8-11 years old
- Geared towards kids that are interested in the sport of volleyball
- May have played on a recreational team(s)
- Looking for correct technique, want to grow in the sport and learn more about the game
- Participants earn badges for mastering level 1 fundamentals
- When all level 1 skills are mastered, athletes move up to the Majors.
- 6 weeks, 75 minutes per session
- Cost: $120
- Spring Session: Thursday's, 5:00PM-6:15PM, February 6th, 13th 20th, 27th, 5th, 19th (no session on March 12th due to Spring Break)
ROOKIE MAJORS (Level III)
- Ages from 10-12 years old
- Athletes have some volleyball experience that have mastered level 1 skills
- Appropriate for athletes that have played recreational volleyball but want more competitive play
- Athletes in the Majors program aspire to play club volleyball in the future
- USAV coaches will focus on proper form for fundamental skills
- Participants will earn badges for mastering level 2 fundamentals
- When all level 2 skills are mastered, athletes move up to a club team.
- 6 weeks, 75minutes per session
- Cost: $120
- Spring Session: Thursday's, 6:15PM-7:30PM, February 6th, 13th 20th, 27th, 5th, 19th (no session on March 12th due to Spring Break)
ROOKIE MIDDLE SCHOOL (Level IV)
- Ages from 12-14 years old
- Athletes school volleyball experience but are not playing club volleyball
- Appropriate for athletes that have played school volleyball that want to continue to improve their skills
- USAV coaches will focus on proper form for passing, hitting, attacking and serving
- 6 weeks, 90 minutes per session
- Cost: $135 (6 weeks) or $25 per clinic (option to register per day)
- Fall II Session: Friday's 5:00-6:30PM (Nov 8th, 15th, 22nd, Dec 6th, 13th, 20th)
- Program is offered in the late spring, summer and fall.